Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I applied for a house loan through an Islamic bank ( efsol…

Customer Question
I applied for a...

I applied for a house loan through an Islamic bank ( efsol ) . I paid 20% of the amount which i been offered to borrow. Bank kept the money for 4 months, 4 days before settlement date bank said needs two weeks extension. After weeks of extension bank said no money to pay us.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

VIC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We made a contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I lost the application fees and paid for the delay. also i had to change banks last minute otherwise would lost the house and 10% of the money.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/28/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

were there any loan agreements signed ?