Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We rang up Telstra on Sunday 26 Nov to get connected to NBN.

Customer Question
Hi, we rang up...

Hi, we rang up Telstra on Sunday 26 Nov to get connected to NBN. We have had NBN come out twice (the 2nd time they told us there was nothing for them to do). We still have no internet - Telstra tell us that NBN need to come back. Is it possible for us to cancel our contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We have contacted Telstra numerous times - I keep getting told that our case manager will call back within 24 hours, but I never get a call back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is a summary of events so far I rang on Sunday 26 Nov to sign up for the entertainment Pack with Foxtel free for 3 months, the Premium evening pack for half price and a Samsung tablet for an additional $15/mth. To date, no copy of the contract has been sent to us. Telstra repeatedly tried to contact us by calling the number that was issued for the tablet instead of the contact number given. Three times I have had to contact Telstra to give permission for my husband to be added to the account. When I called I was given an appointment date of Fri 8 Dec, I then received a txt message on the tablet (not the number they were asked to contact me on) stating that the appointment was 19 Dec. The NBN technician arrived on Friday 8 Dec and completed the installation, but Telstra did not activate the internet - after calling Telstra we were told that we would be called back within 24 hours - we were not called. We were sent a txt message that the NBN technician would come back on 19 Dec - he came back and stated that there was nothing for him to do. I then received a txt message that the NBN technician would be back on the 27 Dec - I rang to explain that they had been twice already. I was told that I would receive a call back in 24 hours, again I was never called back. My husband called again to advise that the technician had been twice and that the appointment on the 27th was not needed - we were told there was no appointment scheduled, but that the technician would need to come back. We now have another appointment for the NBN technician tomorrow (apparently - I have not received any txt to confirm this).

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

your next step is to issue a formal written complaint to the dispute resolutions department.

The complaint must list in a chronological order the issues you are facing and what actions you have undertaken in an attempt to fix the problem.

Does this answer your important question today ?

Thanks

you are most welcome.

wish you safe and prosperous 2018.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. It says I have a response, but I don't have an answer to my query?

would you like to talk on the telephone, and I can explain how to structure the letter that needs to be issued to telstra to fix the problem ?

i have extended a very special offer to assist you in this important matter.

I have been charged $98 for this - it was supposed to be a $5 refundable deposit
I have raised a case with Paypal and I will be giving them a copy of this