Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have discovered that my solar system has not been working…

Customer Question
I have discovered that...

I have discovered that my solar system has not been working for a year. I accidentally discovered this when I asked Click Energy to tell me if there was a return of electricity to the grid. They told me it had been 12 months since that had happened. When I asked them why they suggested I contact an electrician. I contacted Euro Solar who talked me through the process of restarting the solar system when it was obvious that it had shut down. When I asked why I had not been informed by either them or Click Energy It was explained that it would not be in the interest financially of Click Energy to inform me and that Euro Solar expected me to keep an eye on my meter box for such things. So for a year I have been paying for electricity with no benefit from the solar system. Have I any way of compensation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I just found out today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

Have you written formal complain to the supplier ?

Your warranty should protect you in this situation too?

Do you have a copy of your contract ?