Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am enquiring about access to a block of land where

Customer Question
Hello. I am enquiring...

Hello. I am enquiring about access to a block of land where contracts have been exchanged but it will be two months until financial settlement. Does the purchaser have rights to camp on the land before that date? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. The purchaser and family have just turned up in caravans and I am wondering if this is their right to do so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

where settlement has not occurred, and the purchaser wants access to the land to camp on it, the purchaser will need to either enter into a lease agreement or licence right.

if neither of these agreements are entered into the vendor may raise a claim of trespass against the purchaser.

have I answered your question today ?