Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Are banks like Macquarie Bank able to take 3 days to

Customer Question
Are banks like Macquarie...

Are banks like Macquarie Bank able to take 3 days to recognise and process a Westpac bank cheque, ie not a normal company or personal cheque?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Deposit 22 December and Macquarie bank saying funds will be available in normal 3 working day processing time. Bank Cheques are meant to be treated as cash

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Deposit 22 December andMacquarie bank saying funds will be available in normal 3 working day processing time. Bank Cheques are meant to be treated as cash

the standard clearance time on bank cheques is 3 days, and private cheques 7 days.

However, these time frames can be fast tracked through paying an extra fee to bank to clear the cheque.

in both cases you will be able to see the funds but not draw against them until the funds have been cleared.

Does this answer your important question.

what about a cheque provided at a property settlement which is what this cheque was for?

was the cheques bank cheques and which bank issued the cheque, example CBA ?

no question not answered
westpac issued a bank cheque or in your terms do i have to call it a bank's bank cheque?
is this being answered?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone to answer your more clearly if you prefer ?

The bank cheque once deposited will show in your account, but the funds will not be cleared funds until after 3 clear business days.

does this answer your important question today ?

no question not answered
what do you mean by "was the cheques bank cheques"?

at a property settlement the purchaser needs to present a bank cheque.

As example CBA bank cheque. The cheque will say on the cheque that it is a bank cheque.

this cheque takes three days to clear once deposited into the bank.

did you have a lawyer or conveyancer acting for you at settlement ?

thanks question answered

you are most welcome.

wishing you a safe 2018.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.