Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

L was involved in a car accident the Thursday before last…

Customer Question
Good morning, l was...

Good morning, l was involved in a car accident the Thursday before last and l was was wondering whether you take on such cases. I am looking to find a no win no pay lawyer. The accident was not of my doing.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Victoria, 6 years with 52000 on the clock.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tried but police would not attend, although ambulance was called and l was speaking to the ambulance person through the phone as the man with the other driver was abusive, l was afraid and it sent me into full blown attack as l suffer from ptsd. I was afraid of the man and asked the woman to make him leave nicely but he took off as he could see something was going on with me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Accident was not my fault, l however am afraid of getting lawyers involved as he knows my address. He was extremely offensive and volatile.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/25/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

there are many no win no fee lawyers, but you need to read their contract carefully to appreciate exactly how much will be paid out to the lawyer of you do win.

you said that the police did not attend the scene of the accident. did you file a report with the police?

was your car insured ?