Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Hii.. so im pregnant and an dvo was issued for my partner.

Customer Question
Hii.. so im pregnant...

Hii.. so im pregnant and an dvo was issued for my partner. Im really emotional and hormonal and want this dropped how can i?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sorry an avo

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I never knew the police had issued an avo.. i didnt even know what it was. But i am so needy of this companion especially with this pregnancy.. it has just happend recently. Idk what to do..

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/25/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the DVO will be able to be dismissed at the proceedings.

you will need to be able to demonstrate that there is no issue for your safety.

i suggest that you prepare an affidavit in support of withdrawing the claim that was raised against your partner.

does this answer your important question today ?