Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My grandson bought car yesterday late afternoon, he was

Customer Question
My grandson bought car...

My grandson bought car yesterday late afternoon, he was going to insure it first business day after Christmas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Sorry I had not finish my question. His car was wiped out today , it was not his fault according to police. How does he get guilty partys insurance to pay .It was 2009 ford Ranger ute . Cost $7,000. Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With police yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is 21 y. On p plates, clean.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/24/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

What needs to be done is registered owner of the vehicle needs to the contacted for their insurance.

The police will be able to proceed the details to you for the registered owner of the vehicle.

If the registered owner refuses to corporate you will need to raise a civil action in the Magistrates Court to pursue damages for the cost of repair of the vehicle.

It is important that written quotes are obtained in relation to the cost of repairs for any action that is either brought against the vehicle insurance or any matters raised in the court.

have I answered your question today ?