Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Adblue warning on dash will not go away. Abblue tank is

Customer Question
Adblue warning on dash...

Adblue warning on dash will not go away. Abblue tank is full. I just checked and the bottle of adblue has a use by date of 05/2017, meaning it is passed its use by date. Is this super important? Also if it is is there a drain cock I can use to drain tank and refill with fresh adblue?

Lawyer's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

The vehicle is a 2012 audi q5

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just filled the tank as usual and the error would not go away. I rang audi parramatta and they just told me to refill tank as was an air bubble in system. Drove around block and tried to add more adblue but tank is full.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If there is any way of cancelling error message on dash, or draining tank if out of date adblue is problem.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/25/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

if the system is not working you may be still able to claim the repair under a service warranty that occurred for the vehicle.

when was the last service ?

Next service is due in 7500km. The vehicle is a 2012 model so warranty is not involved. Just seeking info on what to do to clear error and solve problem.

in this case, you will need to take the vehicle back to the service centre as they will be able to reset the dashboard system.