Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Yesterday friday 22/12/17 tried to buy a battery for my

Customer Question
Yesterday friday 22/12/17 tried...

Yesterday friday 22/12/17 tried to buy a battery for my roller door but mr minute where i asked about said that couldnt happen because showed some rust in there & suggested i buy a remote control costing $79 so i gave him my credit card. When i told my son he said i should have contacted the original installer who should have put an '0' ring in the first place. So i then phoned mr minit & asked if i could return the remote & get a refund on my credit card & he said no refunds because theyre a small company. (That was before my son even tried to program it in) after that refusal he then took out of box & tried prog - but after following the leaflet - couldnt work. What to do? I realise i should have contacted orig installer but have not had problems when returning things especially not using it in the first place? Pls advise thanks. Dawn

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Bought perth, western australia yesterday friday 22 dec 2017 afternoon

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Phoned this morning saturday @ 10am to request if i could return remote (which was still untouched in little box) but he said he will not give me a refund on my credit card as he was a small company - said he would come to my house & install but i said i dont want him coming to my hse i just want to credit my mastercard a/c.

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

Dont understand your answer, do u say it will take 30 or less for my answer & also do i pay u for investigating the problem - dawn

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes am i obliged to pay the lawyer & if so how much?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/23/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

where the product your purchased is not suitable for its purpose or is broken you are entitle to a return, and for an exchange, there is no guarantee for a refund as this is at the discretion of the seller.

in your specific situation you have described there will be limited recourse unless the product is faulty.

does this answer your important question today ?