Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I obtain a PR visa back in 2011 and entered Australia in…

Customer Question
Hi there, I obtain...

Hi there, I obtain a PR visa back in 2011 and entered Australia in 2012 but was only there for a month. I then left and I am thinking of going back now - is my PR visa still valid even though I haven't been living in Australia?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes the visa was granted

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

Yes, at the time I did

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really, I think it's a straight forward questions

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/23/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

if you do not stay 2 years in Australia out of 5 years under the visa, the PR will be lost.

there are solutions, would you like to talk on the telephone, you can request that option if you prefer ?

Unfortunately I don't have my phone with me and I'm currently at Melbourne airport so it would be difficult to do it through my laptop. Are you able to briefly summarize the options available? Will I have to reapply for the visa?

in summary I need to know more details about you and this is a public forum, and it is better to talk on the phone when you are free.

you can also look at the border security website as well.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor