Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Will a child come up in divorce hearing, Will a child be…

Customer Question
Will a child come...

Will a child come up in divorce hearing

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Will a child be mentioned in a divorce hearing

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My sons partner is applying for divorce and nothing has been sorted out about the child. His ex won’t let us see him, I have text her for 13 months now with no reply, they are getting divorced next month, so just wonder if anything will be bought up about child.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will this cost anything, so just wondering if there will be anything mentioned about the child.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/23/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the important step that needs to occurring is having a parenting plan put in place to allow you access to your child.

this parenting plan should be consented by the court.

have you attempted mediation yet ?

Will a child be mentioned in a divorce hearing, as my sons partner has applied for a divorce next month but there has nothing been worked out abut the child. We have sent text messages for over 13 months now with no reply, his partner will not let us see the child. We have sent letters to her from a solicitor with no reply , and my son has not got the funds to take it to court.

which court is the hearing in ? Family or Federal Circuit Court ?

All it says on paper is
Filed at - Albury
Presiding Officer- Registrar George

can you upload so I can see

I don’t know how

would you like to talk on the telephone ?

I have sent you special offer to assist you if you prefer ?

Sorry but I don’t have much funds.

understand.

Have you considered approaching legal aid to help you with the hearing process ?

Have tried everything with no results, all we want is to see the child and that is all his father wants, but she won’t let us

the only way this can happen then is through filing an application in the Family Court for parenting orders.

have you looked at the Family Court website yet ?

Any way thanks for your help. I want to opt out of having money out of my bank every month happy to pay for this conversation but don’t want to have money taken each month

you are most welcome

you can cancel your subscription in your members area by un-ticking the box.

I wish you a wonderful 2018.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.