Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can you please tell me how to get a witness statement from…

Customer Question
Can you please tell...

Can you please tell me how to get a witness statement from Qld police?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Can you please tell me how I can get a witness statement from Qld police.
thank you ***** ***** It happened on 2 June this year

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I went to court last wednesday and asked for and received an adjournment till 10 January, however as I have no legal knowledge I am required to also get a subpoena from the others drivers insurance company and I don't know how to do this either. In this conversation he admitted he was guilty of turning in front of me at the lights

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was driving 600 metres from my home to purchase the saturday newspaper and I exited the plaza and drove 60 metres to the lights which were green and the other vehicle turned in front of me and told his insurance company and the tow truck driver etc that he was at fault. He had driven 2 hours from toowoomba and was being followed in another vehicle by his girlfriend. At the hospital, I was told I had a broken sternum and ribs, the police arrived and told me that he had changed his mind and I drove through a red light and the police charged me. This is absolutely untrue and I am extremely distressed, on top of all of this I have had breast cancer and am required to have a lump biopsied on this coming Wednesday. Because of having no vehicle I missed a prior hospital appointment which would have picked this up sooner. I am desperate for help and have tried to get information but have no idea how to traverse my way though all the legalese involved. Please, please help me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.