Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are an electrical contracting company who specialise in…

Customer Question
We are an electrical...

We are an electrical contracting company who specialise in gate automation. Over the last 4-5 years we have honoured a great deal of warranty claims for faulty goods.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

While our supplier and manufacturer of the goods has provided replacement parts, all costs for the inspection, removal and reinstatement of the goods has been borne by us, with zero compensation from the manufacturer. The manufacturer has a Sydney office and offers no support for the on site diagnosis, and repairs to their goods. Are we entitled to compensation from the manufacturer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have kept records for everything.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

there is a good possibility of raising a claim against the manufacturer under the ACL or breach of contract

WA

ok.

The law still remains the same with the issue you are dealing with.

ok

would you like to discuss by phone ?

No thanks

ok

is there anything else I can help you with today ?

My understanding was that , as a business and reseller, we are not considered consumers, nor protected by ACL

where you product is direct to the consumer it comes under the ACL

where it is B 2 B it is one of contract.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone if you prefer .

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor