Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My son lives with my ex wife, he has turned 14 and wants to…

Customer Question
My son lives with...

My son lives with my ex wife , he has turned 14 and wants to live with me. Has refuses to go back with his mother. Can he say with me. We life in south Australia.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in South Australia family court?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
12/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you can seek a change in parenting orders.

Have you considered this option yet ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No,my son dosent want to live or go back to his mother. Can he stay with me until it's finalized in court
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks just an answer to the question

are parenting orders in place at the present ?

in this case new orders will need to be obtained before changing the living situation.

would you like to talk on the phone, I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor