Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If you are 98jears old how often do you have to take driving…

Customer Question
If you are 98jears...

If you are 98jears old how often do you have to take driving tests and must you be on a restricted licence ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No, just a question.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

In NSW it is required to have a medical every year and a driving test every second year.

Here is the information from the RMS followed by the link

Unrestricted licence – practical driving assessment

If you want to keep your unrestricted licence, you’ll need to pass a practical driving assessment every second year (at 85 years old, 87, 89, and so on).

You can do a driving test with a Roads and Maritime testing officer, or you can choose to be assessed by an Older Driver Assessor. Older Driver Assessors are driving instructors accredited by Roads and Maritime, and charge a fee to conduct an assessment in your local area.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/licence/older-drivers/index.html

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards