Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My partner is in custody and was assaulted from behind by…

Customer Question
My partner is in...

My partner is in custody and was assaulted from behind by another inmate with a hammer to his head. He was in intensive care for a number of weeks and is stil now in prison hospital 7 weeks later. His head had a section of skull removed to allow for brain swelling and because of further complications, being he devolved pneumonia while in icu and then serious infections from the insidious where drains had to be put in , a nurse even flushed infection back into his body by accident one day, his head today is so swollen and he is not getting proper care I am scared for him it’s unacceptable justice health not listening to him complain about major headaches my question is are we ina position to sue corrective services for lack of duty of care

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

Nsw , yes it would all be documented

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can we do something about where he is getting worse and has stil got another 5-6 weeks of iv antibiotics before the piece of skull gets put back in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you consider raising a claim against the State ?

Thats exactly whst i was wantibg to do . do you think there is merit

there may be.

would you like to talk about it on the phone ?

I am out at the moment isnt a good time its quite loud

ok,

when you are free you are welcome to call me.

I have extended a special offer to you to help.

Thank you

you are welcome.