Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My nephews grandparents promised him that he was to get his…

Customer Question
My nephews grandparents promised...

My nephews grandparents promised him that he was to get his grandfathers and great grand fathers war medals, but after both the grand parents died the two aunties have stopped him having them, is ther any way he can claim these medals, my nephews parents also heard the grand mother tell thier son

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

My sister went to the grandparents house and they picked up the medals , but the aunties had the police go back and claim them and accused him of stealing, but have now dropped the case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In the grand mothers will her son was cut out completely, but was told if he returned the medals he would get his third, and that is being finalized now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the best solution in your very important matter is an amicable one worked out between the parties through a media.

have you considered this option ?

I am trying to arrange for a senior member of the RSL to talk to his aunties, or try to have another set made, wont hear back till after the new year
This is a good step that you are doing.Would you like to discuss this further by telephone?I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone.