Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My girl friend's husband would like to consider to transfer…

Customer Question
My girl friend's husband...

My girl friend's husband would like to consider to transfer his title of the family home to her, what procedure they should take and how long and how much is the cost and other cost associated with the transfer

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She just signed a purchase/transferee decalration, he signed a exemption from Duty-- transfers between married couples yesterday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is an Australian citizen and he has Permanent residence status, but but he works most of the time overseas and earn income to support his family and children who lives in Sydney

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/21/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Is he wanting to transfer the whole of the title or just add her to the title as a joint tenant?

Is it the principal of residence?

It may be easier to explain on the phone. You can elect a call and I will call you.