Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Our daughter gave us a gift voucher to the value of $60 to…

Customer Question
Our daughter gave us...

Our daughter gave us a gift voucher to the value of $60 to use at Cielo Blue ltalian Cuise as a Christmas present to use during 2017.However Cielo Blue closed during April and is opening under new management call Plenty on Tap.The previous manager has moved down to Philip Island and after Two telephone conversations agreed to send a cheque for $60 to our home address in South Morang.We waited a month and i sent a text message giving a bank account to give him another option and gace him a weeks deadline of 7th of December 2017 otherwise i would be forced to take some sort of recovery action. The deadline passed so i tried to ring him on three occassions and his mobile phone just rang out.I think i have been fair about this issue but obviously he does not want to reimburse the cost of the voucher.The annoying thing about this issue is our daughter who is a single mum with three young children went without to buy the voucher so my wife and i could go out and enjoy a nice lunch together.Could you please tell me what options i have now to recover this money.It is my view that because it is only a small sum of money that he believes it is not worth pursuing. l will appreciate any advise you could give me to hopefull recover the cost of the $60 Gift Voucher.Yours Faithfully Laurie Branston

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted the previous Cielo Blue Manager by telephone on two occassions and he promised to send a cheque for $60 but failed to do so.I then followed up with two text messages and three mobile phone calls that he failed to answer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just that i am annoyed that the previous manager would not honour the $60 voucher that our single mum daughter went without to give us to enjoy a lunch together.The previous manager thinks that it is not worth pusuing because it is only a small amount of money.I wonder how many other people have been affected by the closure of Cielo Blue.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

have you raised a formal complaint to the other party in writing yet ?