Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Afternoon... My son suffered from PTSD (navy) last year and…

Customer Question
Afternoon... My son suffered...

Afternoon... My son suffered from PTSD (navy) last year and his partner put a FVA against him.. He now under proper meds and is doing well. the order expired early Dec. His partner moved to Tassie when this was happening (we lived there years ago) My question is when can he see his 14mth son. He hasnt seen him since he was 3mths. They are doing a planning schedule but her appointment isnt until Jan. He is wondering if he can see him or at least Facetime him. He certainly doesnt want to cause any grief but would love to have some contact for Xmas. Where does he stand in this matter. we never have had this problem before so we all new with this.. many thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

He in Tassie he moved there as his partner went back there.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

He moved down to tassie 2mths ago to be close to his son. He has spoken to the relationship people and now they waiting for Kate to have her appointment in Jan.. can he at least facetime for Xmas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im just finding out where he stands as far as contacting his son for Xmas. he certainly doesnt want to upset Kate but he fretting over not seeing his son

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

thankyou please just send answer email

the next step that should occur is the implementation of a parenting plan.

this can be done by mutual agreement or may be better with consent order by the court.

have you considered this option ?