Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

This concerns my mother's estate and will. My brothers have…

Customer Question
Hi there, this concerns...

Hi there, this concerns my mother's estate and will.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My brothers have been given the role of executors. But my sister in law - one of my brither's wives, wants to give all the orders to us siblings re the cleaning up of the house. etc Also she has threatened all family memebers to do what she says or else....my brother gives her this control to 'keep the peace'. Does she have any rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not quite sure if you mean re h the will?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, she is acting as if she has a power of attorney. She has made my life a living hell and demands that I do most of the tasks while 2 other siblings are allowed to pass. I have been in fromt of a psychologist for over three years with anxiety, stress and vertigo. Whe has demanded that the rest of the family cut contact with me unless I do what she says. Sorry, rushing....a few spelling errors.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/20/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

As the executor of the will is the one that has the responsibility to comply with the deceaseds wishes.

If he is not doing that then as a beneficairy you can apply to have them removed and be appointed as executor.

It is the role of the executor to collect the assets and distribute them.

They cannot change the will it has to be complied with.

His wife cannot make decisions and if she does with his authority and they are contrary to the will then he is liable.

Has the estate been Collected and distributed?

If you wish to have a phone call it may be easier given the issues you have raised.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

If not all the best and request you consider rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid.

Regards