Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Mi bought west prawns on marked down and got severe food…

Customer Question
Hi. Mi bought John...

Hi. Mi bought John west prawns on marked down and got severe food poisoning which lasted weeks. I had to postpone planned holiday which incurred nearly$700 penalty plus medical and medication expenses. Their ins co has offered me $250. Am I able to go back and ask them to cover cancellation costs at least. Nim happy to pay meds etc but trip costs have set me back financially as unplanned

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MI lawyer about this?

Have talked to anyone. Thought I'd get advise firstly

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Sent ins co all docs and costs. Nspoke to Coles and their ins and they forwarded everything to John west. They rang me then got letter from their ins requesting paperwork. Got their offer yesterday. Have to ring if I want to accept

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so thnx

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/20/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

did you see a doctor at the time you got sick, if so, obtain a medical receipt, and you will able to raise a claim.

have you consider this aspect ?

Had two locus out. Unable to leave house to see dr

you still may be able to raise a claim.

would you like to consider this option ?

I can't really afford to pay fees. Thought thins was free advise. If not I'll have to end. Thnx. Sorry!

i have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer to make it easier if you like ?

No I'm shattered I just see I've been charged $98 I was told to pay $5. This has just added $98 to my file a. Certainly not what I expected. This is very dishonest

I will ask support to have a look at your account for you

in the meantime would you like to talk on the phone ?

No. This is obv a mistake and I'm now more in debt