Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My daughters partners work visa is due to expire early next…

Customer Question
Hello, my daughters partners...

Hello, my daughters partners work visa is due to expire early next year. He was sponsored but the person has retracted and now sadly he is facing deportation to Estonia. He has a building company here a hard working young man. Is there anything we can do to help him get an extension or anything we can do to help him?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Act

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Hi, my daughter's partner originally came to Australia in 2012 on a 417 visa. He has been game fully employed the entire time. Prior to his relationship with my daughter he met a girl in Canberra and in 2014 he and his partner at the time applied for an 820-801 ? Status. That relationship started to break down early this year. He has applied to do further study which will assist in his construction company. But sadly it appears he will b deported within the next two months. He is a lovely chap, hard working, law abiding member of society. We just need advice on how to proceed as this is the first time we've had to encounter such a thing. He currently resides in the A.C.T

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there any way we can get an extension?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/20/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you considered appealing the decision ?