Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My Mobile service provider Southern Phone cancelled my

Customer Question
Hi, My Mobile service...

Hi, My Mobile service provider Southern Phone cancelled my mobile phone number instead of allowing it to be ported over to my new provider. Can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Queensland Gold Coast

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have called them to ask the number be re connected so it can be ported. However they do not have technitians cabable of doing this. They are unhelpful

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that covers it. I just want my mobile number re-instated. The final bil has been paid and up to date with nothing owing.l

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/20/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

I now have no mobile number for contact. Can you help with having my number 0414 603 703 re connected so it can be ported over to my new provider?

have you issued written communication to the provider yet ?

I am not paying for what should be a free service

this is just answer which is a paid service for lawyers.

To assist you in fixing your important problem I have extended a special offer to you to talk on the phone.