Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Finished work two weeks ago and was only paid entitlements…

Customer Question
Finished work two weeks...

Finished work two weeks ago and was only paid entitlements but not the completed work week. Have also been told that the public holiday I worked I would get a payed day off instead. That was afr

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

After the day sorry

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Victoria, tried to contact but no return calls

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was full time on a three month trial, informed him that I had received an offer to work elsewhere 6 days prior to finishing. Tried ringing on 4 occ

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/20/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

How much do they owe you?

$800 plus’s the public holiday, they paid the entitlements includind the week worked but no pay for that week

Good Afternoon

You can sue them in VCAT for the money.

You have to send them a letter of demand and ask for it to be paid in 7 days and if they refuse then you commence proceedings.

You can do this yourself and avoid legal costs and they will be far in excess of what you are owed.

The following link is detailed and contains the process you have to follow

https://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-vic/

You should also contact your superannuation fund and ascertain if they have been making payments. If not then report them to the ATO for failing to pay.

Here is the link for them and the steps you should folow

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/In-detail/Growing/Unpaid-super/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

If not all the best and request you consider rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid.

Regards

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago

Good Morning

I am following up my last post.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards