Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im a fulltime employee on an hourly pay rate in queensland i…

Customer Question
Hi pearl im a...

Hi pearl im a fulltime employee on an hourly pay rate in queensland i am wanting to know what are the minimum no of hours for a fulltime employee as my employer this week has rostered me on for only 3 days which i dont think is enough i work from 830 to 530 everyday i was on a set salary until towards the end of last year but since they have put me on an hourly rate they seem to determine my hours at whim if its quiet they will send me home early but not paid for this time i would appreciate your guidance before i approach them regards ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thankyou

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this?

No not yet have been looking up hourly rate and fairwork online most seem to say 35 to 38 hours but i would like to know an actual minimum and just came upon your site

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I havent really done anything in the past but my roster for this coming week thurs to wed was sent through last night my place of work will be closed christmas and boxing day as well as the wed which means im already down to a four day week then they have rostered me off for another day i sent a text to ask why i was only getting three days last night but have heard nothing back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just my rights if iwere to be dismissed or if i give notice i have worked there for nearly 12 years but just feel ive been treated differently the last 12 months

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

is your employment contract stating full time employee or permanent part time employee ?

full time

the minimum house is 37.5 and the employer needs to pay that amount

doe this answer your question ?

ive worked there for nearly 12 years was on wage up until last year and then pay system changed was told i would receive the same or more a week

have you addressed the issue with your employer referencing your contract of employment ?

hi john i have to head off to work now but my wife is still online to answer any of your questions
hi john am heading off to work now my wife is still online to answer any of your questions i appreciate your help

would you like to talk on the telephone

I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer?

sorry dont have time and im not allowed to take personal calls on my phone at work

ok, you can call me after work if you like ?

I finish at 5.30. It would be close to 6 oclock, qld time, that I would be able to ring. Would that suit?

yes this is ok

I will take your call at that time

just accept the offer and my numbers will display and you can call me when you have time.

Thank you. Talk to you tonight

ok.

don't forget to put a valid credit card in the system to activate the call.

hi john went to call you but your number wasnt sent through for me we have paid the $7 couldnt contact yesterday have to be at work by 1030 if you could send me a contact no regards duanne

just put it for you

thanks