Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have had an apparent call from a telstra person who said…

Customer Question
We have had...

We have had an apparent call from a telstra person who said had an error on our computer and has been on the phone for over an hour.. it there any way to check to see if this call is authentic

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just feel that this caller could false and wouild like to be able ascertain if the call was genuine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

is your internet with telstra ?

did the person log into your computer ?

Did you provide any passwords over the phone ?

I wish to obtain a phone number where I can check on a phone call by a person who stated that he was working for telstra and stated that we had an 'error' on out computer. Our internet is with telstra. it si not known if he logged into out computer.. he certainly knew what he instructed us to enter..we ended up cutting the conection on the phone and have put a stop on my wifes bank account.. we did not authoruse any financial action.

have you informed telstra and made a formal report ?

we did not provide any passwords.... I cannot find a phone number with telstra to the necessary check

would you like to talk on the telephone

i have sent you a special offer to make it easier ?