Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been in a relationship with my ex for 27 years. for…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in a relationship with my ex for 27 years. for the past 5 years we have been dealing with bad business decisions and the GFC which has hit us quite hard as we have 3 property which are worth less or are worth what the loans are. We refinanced to get us out of trouble with ATO. I know find it impossible to separate completely because of this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have a business which I am CEO of and my ex doesn't want me in the business anymore, but is still expecting my to pay half of my concerns. I have a second job but it doesn't cover my side of the debt.. I just want one house a car and no connection to the company or the rest of the debt.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the next step that you need to do is to commence financial separation.

would you like to consider this option ?