Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We accepted a quote from a concreter his stipulation was 50%

Customer Question
Second opinion] We accepted...

Second opinion] We accepted a quote from a concreter his stipulation was 50% deposit on beginning the job, he began the job on a Thursday and we paid him $900as requested. Weather did not allow him to return on the Friday so he said he would see us on the following Monday. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago and he has not answered our constant phone calls, texts or emails as to when he would return. I then read his reviews on his website and this has happened to several people the same. We had work done by him a couple of years ago and was very happy with the job. Can you help me as to what I can do now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet, in my last email I said I would give hime till yesterday before I sought advice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

You, can issue a demand to the trade to complete the works.

if hey do not complete the works, you can then sue them for breach of contract; or

you can organise another trade to complete the works and then sue former trade for the rectification difference.

does this answer your important question today ?