Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Our home was struck by lightning several weeks ago and we…

Customer Question
Hi.....our home was struck...

Hi.....our home was struck by lightning several weeks ago and we lost 17 electrical items.The Insurance Company has been tardy in dealing with us but gradually getting there. One of the damages was to the control box of our 9!station sprinkler system, they told us to get a quote & send it to them, now there saying that they'll provide the control box but we have to pay for the installation of it....it doesn't seem right to me.....Lesley

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reported to who?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No....we're dealing with Insurance company

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Thankyou....what's our rights in regard to payment of installation

if the installation is not done correctly you will have able to raise a claim against the installer.

have you issued a formal complaint in writing ?