Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Sorry nothing at the moment. I have a complaint about

Customer Question
Sorry nothing at the...

Sorry nothing at the moment

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have a complaint about Jetstar Airlines. I booked a trip to Tasmania for the 1st of March 2018 for 5 days. But due to me having Shoulder Surgery January 30th i was only aloud to get a travel voucher for my self and not for a friend that was travelling as well. I sent Drs Reports and Letter explaining surgery. Then it went to rebooking flights to another date in November....no flights available... then chose October. They wanted me to pay over $425 ON TOP of flight costs of $270. Then I was so angryat this stage that I said to agent that i would take $138 voucher. Then l thought i would reschedule ORIGINAL flight in march so i would not be out of pocket. The agent cancelled and deleted the original flight so i could not reschedule and the second agent was not able to reverse booking. I hope this all make sense to you. I am on a disability Pension and paying enough for my surgery myself that this has upset me terriably.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this stage......????

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.....

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

I am really sorry to hear about what has happened.

Are you seeing if you can do anything about the agent cancelling?

The second agent said ...Unfortunately once it is cancelled it can not be reversed.

That is correct

They cannot reverse it.

Because you took the voucher you have been credited with the ticket.

If you had travel insurance you may be able to claim the difference but other than that there is nothing that can be done.

I am really sorry I cannot give you better news.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

It would have been less that 10mins that l wanted to reverse the flight to original schedule.

Good Afternoon

If she cancelled in that time you did not have the ticket.

There is no period that it can be reversed.