Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Are the assets of the company...the code for the website and…

Customer Question
Are the assets of the...
Are the assets of the company...the code for the website and the list of email subscribers the directors now or can she use an old list that she purchased from a few years ago....the director maintains that shelley still has the shares but the ASIC documentation states otherwise...the goal here is to use the old list of email subscribers and ideally the code for the website
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

They still belong to the company.

A director manages the company only a shareholder owns it.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

ok thanks .. does that include previous copies that she bought ...i am guessing it does

Anything that she bought herself with her money is hers.

Anything that was purchased by the company remains the companys

I hope this is clearer?

Regards

the money for the code was paid by her into the company bank account but the company then paid the developer - i have wondered about whether it is worth / possible putting a caveat on the funds as it was never repaid by the director but there is no signed agreement again it was verbal ...fools

If the money she paid was seen as a loan to the company the company owes her the money.

You cannot put a caveat but you can put a charge on the company.

But she has to be able to show she paid it.

It may be worth while having a call to discuss this further.

I have submitted an offer and if you wish to accept I can call you.

Regards