Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My computer crashed I asked the question about the gym

Customer Question
Hi my computer crashed...

Hi my computer crashed I asked the question about the gym mebership

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victyoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

what is your issue about the membership ?

Hello. I joined zap gyms in 2014. My father was diagnosed with cancer and i moved from the area. I told them that and one of their agents (I mean that in a commercial law sense) acknowledged my reason and said I owed $25 dollars. I forgot to pay it as my father was dying. I asked never to be reactivated and they knew this. I noticed in 2016 that they had surreptitiously entered my account and not only taken the $25 but $1750. They acknowledge that I only owed $25 and were silly enough to say it in writing and then send me a photo of my membership. Their agent allowed me to exit that without being in person and they know this. I want my money back

did you put all this in writing to zap ?