Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

W**** I hired a car rego no CN63VQ from Sydney airport on…

Customer Question
Good morning my name...

Good morning my name is********* I hired a car rego no CN63VQ from Sydney airport on the 14 dec 2017 unfortunately I did not check the car before leaving the premises I only checked when I got home and then sent airport rentals complaining that I had a dent on the right wheel arch which I took a picture of the dent. When I was going to pick up the car it was tightly parked between two cars so I had to get one of thrifty drivers to take it out. I have an excellent driving record never ever had an accident so please investigate for me as I am a very law abiding citizen I just feel shattered about this incident which I know I did not do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I LIVE IN QLD the car was hired from NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I had to fill a form last night incident report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think I have told my whole story

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

which rental company was it ?

Thrifty car rentals at Sydney domestic airport

ok, in this case they will pursue for the damages based on the rental lease.

what you can do is apply to their hardship department and seek assistance to have charge dropped to a easy amount to pay.

have you considered this option ?

No I have not because I know I did not have an accident with the car and an expert can examine the small dent and see that it is old.
I have an excellent driving record never ever had an accident

would you like to talk on the telephone so I can assist you in detail ?

I have send you a special offer to assist in this important matter, just accept and my numbers will display.

I just paid $5 into the account to try to get a response I am very very upset about the whole situation

Rosemary, the issue you are dealing with is the fact that you have signed a rental agreement where an excess will apply on the damage.

if you have not signed a wavier to that excess amount when you rented the car you will be liable, and the rental company can pursue for that debt payable.

the only way to work around the situation is to deal with the hardship department of the rental company.

I can talk you through this but we need to discuss on the phone so I cam explain how you prepare the documents.

Why have I got a charge of $93 on my credit card when I was told there would only be a charge of $5 refundable as I did not make a phone call as I know that was more money. Please explain and refund my $93 ASAP

I do not have access to your account details.

please use the help menu and issue your message directly to support and they will assist with your account inquiry.

Why you cannot forward this to the correct department as you were the only person I dealt with through this system I don’t think I deserve the run around.

you can use the help menu on your screen

I just cannot see your account details as to what you order.

No sorry I seem to be given the run around I will expose this to other people how your charges are been loaded when you start with given permission for $5 which is refundable

i sent you a special offer to talk on the phone if you like

No thank you I had enough of this I an getting nowhere at the moment I will Handel this my way.

ok

is there any other question I can assist you with today ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor