Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My husband and I entered into a contract of sale with

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I entered into a contract of sale with settlement early January 2018. My husband was the borrower and myself the guarantor. My husband has since passed away. Do I need to provide letters of administration for settlement to take place?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The purchaser conveyance has asked for an ASP an I don't know what that is.. I have not engaged a conveyance of my own or a property lawyer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

was the title of the house under tenants in common or joint tenants ?

Joint proprietors
No please do not call as I am at work and unable to answer phone.

by chance do you have a copy of the contract of sale with you ?

as it is important to clarify the wording on the title.

you have said 'joint proprietors'

the title will either say, joint tenants or tenants in common.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone to make it easier for you if you prefer ?

I have a copy of the title.. it says Registered Proprietor, Estate Fee Simple Joint Proprietors

Can I speak with you on the telephone ?

I cant at this stage. Ill have to come back to you.
Work restrictions on phone use.

ok, you can call me when you are free and I will take your important call.

Just accept the offer and my numbers will display for you.

I will help you with this important situation.