Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My brother is a skiterfrenic and has not paid his council…

Customer Question
Hi my brother is...

Hi my brother is a skiterfrenic and has not paid his council rates for the last 12 years and has a bill of about $13,00.00 can the council come in and take his house away so they can get paid. I am in the process of trying to work out with my mother how to pay his rates. Also I wonder if they would maybe take of the fines for not being paid on time. How long do you think before the council get nasty with him they know about his condtion thats why they have done nothing as yet . can you give me some advise please.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

SA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I know of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

.I dont think so. Dose this cost anything to talk to him.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the council can seek an order against the house, which may result in a judgement and order for the house to be sold.

has anyone spoken to the council on the matter of payment yet ?

how much has this cost me so far please

when you posted your question the amount was selected by you.

I do not have access to the accounts section to advise.

you can see the amount from your account area

Sorry I thougth they said it was only $5.00 so I will have to stop this conversation and I was charged $98.00 and I am not happy with that.Thank you

ok