Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have sole parental responsibility of my daughter which was…

Customer Question
I have sole parental...

I have sole parental responsibility of my daughter which was made into an order via the fcc. My ex had a psychotic episode some 3-4 years ago and was put under an involuntary treatment order. Fast forward to now and she and i decided to try living together again earlier this year (Feb). About 3 months ago she became distant and began coming home in the early hours of the morning. It became apparent she was having an affair.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

She now wants to put an application to the court to have the existing orders changed. My question is whether or not she has grounds to do so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Im in qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i haven't

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/18/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Whats th cost of a call?

Good evening

It is not going to be an easy thing to do, as it has only been three months since you reconciled. She has to show that it would be in the best interests of the child for both of you to make decisions and be involved in her live and also provide medical reports that she is no longer suffering.

It is possible but it is not going to be easy for her.

She should go to mediation first and if that fails then go to court.

I cannot give you anything more as I do not have her medical reports or any documents to show what her relationship with the child is.

If you wish a call it is $82.00 and once you request it I will accept and we can continue on the phone.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards