Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have been without internet and landline for 2 weeks, have…

Customer Question
We have been without...

We have been without internet and landline for 2 weeks, have rung Telstra several times. When I rang on 14th December they assured me our internet and landline would be working by 17th December. They are still not working today 18th December and now they alphabet advised that a technician cannot attend until 28th December? What sort of compensation can we expect? My daughter and I have used our mobile data and it is now $200 over our limit which they advised will not be refunded until our line is fixed.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With Telstra?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If we cancel the internet and landline will I have to pay out the contract?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

have you issued a formal complaint in writing to the disputes resolution department yet ?

To the Telstra resolution department? No I haven't, have made 3 phone calls and a chat online
Will continue online

ok,

try my recommendation.

What do you think ?

Ok will send a written complaint to the Telstra resolution department first

did I answer your question today ?

I know what to do first now, thanks

you are most welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.