Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a mortgage with ME Bank. My partner and I separated…

Customer Question
I have a mortgage...

I have a mortgage with ME Bank. My partner and I separated in July this year and at the time we were signing all the transfer papers etc. He has now lodged the transfer with the titles office and transferred the property into his name only but the mortgage is still in both names. I would have thought he would need mortgagor approval for this

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In what way?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was an agreement between the 2 of us, no court order etc.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

s.

I have contacted ME Bank to request they remove my name off the mortgage in light of the transfer and the fact i don't own the property any more.
I have had trouble with privacy act even though i can answer all mortgage questions, they didn't ask me these, they only asked me name, address and banking password (which i don't know as my expartner has set this up)

was your name on the title the property ?

it was - as joint tenants

ok,

as your matter is important I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone.

because removing your name off title without your consent is fraud.

I can't do the phone call at the moment unfortunately. I would prefer to do this at another time at home.I did sign the form 1 transfer so I have given my consent but i was expecting it to be lodged with a discharge of mortgage

yes you can call me later.

just accept the offer and my numbers will display and you can call me when you are ready ?