Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What is a testamentary trust. Queensland. I am making a new…

Customer Question
What is a testamentary...

What is a testamentary trust

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I am making a new will and I want to protect one of my children

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Such as

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/18/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

a testamentary trust is a trust that will be able to protect your child.

can you explain in what capacity you are wishing to protect your child, as example, do you want that child to receive money at a certain age, or have staged payments over a long period of time, etc...

I have been to see a solicitor so all is fine

ok

did i answer your important question ?