Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I would like to understand legal implications and

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to understand legal implications and consequences of being interviewed by the Qld police on a child sexual assault issue, as a victim.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

The Qld police wish to interview our family regarding a couple of assaults that happened to our son in the early 1990's.Our son is now 28.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I'm trying to locate one to talk with but am having difficulty because we live in Sydney and because the timeframe is short.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our son now lives in the US but he is flying in to Sydney Wednesday morning. The police have organised a telephone interview with him on Thursday at 2pm.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor
My name is ***** ***** I’m a solicitor in Sydney and I will be Assisting you with your question today
This is a normal procedure that takes place during the investigation.
Is your son the person that is being accused?
Leon, Solicitor