Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I came to Australia back in 1971 from England. NSW my

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** came to Australia back in 1971 from England.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW my question is what sort of work visa was i given the Center Link need to know

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Are you an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident?

You have to be one or the other of you have been here since 1971

In both cases you do not need a work visa. The visa you have when you entered is enough for you to work unless you arrived on a tourist visa and have been here since meaning you are an overstayer and cannot get another visa.

I have retired now and applying for a pension the form you have to fill out has to have an answer, as i was a emigrant from England I have no paper work from that time The question is What type of visa did you arrive on ??????

Good Morning

If you do not have the passport that you had at that time you will have to make an application to the Department of Immigration to get the details.

Are you currently a citizen or a permanent Resident?

Here is a link where you can search to find the visa you were on.

https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/visas-and-migration/visa-entitlement-verification-online-(vevo)

But the department can assist you.

If you are a permanent resident you are still on that visa now unless you have travelled out of australia since you arrived initially

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Regards