Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I am in Victoria and we are a small business and we have…

Customer Question
I am in Victoria...

I am in Victoria and we are a small business and we have been in business for 29 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

3 years ago we started an online ebay business selling classic motorcycle parts. We have 100% rating and a very happy customer base. Our problem is paypal are keeping all our sales from 30th November 2017. The total is up to over $11,000.00AUD at the moment. We have sent off emails and called the dispute line several times. Pay pal will not respond to any of our emails and the dispute centre just tell us to email them. There are no disputes against us and no one complaining about not getting their goods. Please help

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We just want to know how we can get our money from paypal.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Unfortunately Paypal does not come under the same regulations and the banks and the Financial ombudsman cannot deal with them.

Have Paypal indicate why they have frozen the account?

Is there any outstanding verifications that still are outstanding?

In a dispute they will only withhold the money that is disputed not the whole account.

No to all of the above questions

When you called them did they tell you the reasons for freezing the account?

They should disclose this to you.

In the end of that fails you may have to consider taking action against them for a breach of contract

But that should be a last resort.

I have seen this before where the customer has had to re-verify their bank account and credit card and also provide up to date evidence of addresses.

But they usually set this out in an email.

Also you should open a complaint in the resolution centre.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor