Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want advice on how to claim for property share from the…

Customer Question
I want advice on...

I want advice on how to claim for property share from the estate of my my now deceased de-facto partner.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In Wanaka.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, this is my initial enquiry.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Perhaps. We were separated for the 6 months before her death, which was in March this year.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

claiming against the estate of your deceased partner will involve the several factors.

how long did you live with your partner before separating ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor