Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wanting to find out about my criminal check i had an…

Customer Question
Hi there i am...

Hi there i am wanting to find out about my criminal check i had an assault charge & indicent assault put on me at a pub brawl that i was trying to break up & about 9 years ago bit now i want to join the sa ambulance as a volunteer but need a criminal check i am worried that this might stop them from hiring me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats all i am just worried about my criminal check

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

where a national police check is required, there conviction will appear on the report.

any offence will remain visible for 10 years.

however, there are other ways to deal with this situation.

would you like to talk by telephone ?

i would thanks

ok you can select telephone service .

can you see the option ?

ok i might have to call you when i get money to pay for this if that is ok

what I can do is issue you a special offer to assist you in this important matter.

I have extended a special offer which is shown above this message, please accept and I can call you.

my number

ok, calling you now

Affidavit.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.