Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Sat 16/12/17 without any warning XXXX cut off my XXXX TV. I…

Customer Question
Sat 16/12/17 without any...

Sat 16/12/17 without any warning XXXX cut off my XXXX TV. I have a bundle from optus of XXXX TV, home phone & internet. One payment for all is deducted automatically from my bank a/c as happened on Friday 15/12

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I tried to phone optus at least 20 times to get a TV Tech only to get an automated message saying NBN has been rolled out in Georges Hall NSW 2198 and therefore XXXX is no longer available to you thru XXXX and then call is Disconnected. NBN is at the other end of our suburb about 2 Kms away. It will come to us but not for some considerable time yet. Optus has erected a phone wall to prevent you speaking to them about this. Can they just cut me off without any warning or contact. This was also the day after the monthly payment was made which was an automatic deduction on the 15th day of each month. In 17 years of Foxtel there has never been a problem with payment or a late payment. Plus that payment is surely made in advance which means I paid for a monthly service which was cut off the very next day. Is that not a breach of contract? My details are : David XXXX at 02 9709 XXXX or***@******.*** Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As I said I have phoned about 20 times only to be cut off each time. I also went into an Optus shop where I was told Optus was trying to get rid of all the bundled deals as they were now too cheap for optus. But no details were taken by that employee. In those 20 phone calls optus did identify me but whether or not they recorded anything I don't know. Sorry to be so long winded

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Had you been notified of this and a time frame within which to change over?

No. No prior contact or warning whatsoever

Do you know when it was rolled out in your area?

I thought this was all free except for the $5.00.
I don't know exactly when they started. Georges Hall is a long thin suburb and they started at the other end of the suburb from where I live. The nearest connection I know of is at least 1 KM away. There is no sign of any men digging, rolls of cable or machinery in our end of the suburb
I think that I will disconnect/terminate this conversation thanks.

Good Afternoon

I will ask you get a refund