Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been fine for public nuisance and obstruction to

Customer Question
Hello . I have...

Hello . I have been fine for public nuisance and obstruction to police.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Last Friday in queesland. My question is how can I get more explanation about the fine( 756 dollars each) secondly is it possible to access video footage of the arrest as the police to my point of view didn't tact properly towards me. Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have been send to the police and when they let me go they gave me ifringement notice for each offense.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I Just want to know if I need a lawyer to get more explanation about the fines

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you can attend the local police station that issued the fine as they will have a file report on the incident.

this is the quickest way.

do you want to contest the fine ?

Ok thanks for that.
Another question.
15 months ago I had lost my driving license for drink driving,
While out of license I did drive an electric scooter and been arrested by the police.
As a conséquences I lost another 2 years of license.
I don't contest it, what is done is done.
What I m wondering is do you know of any case when the suspension can be altered, for example if I needed for work. Could I apply for a work license because of new circonstance , I was not working at the time of the offense but today I could get a work if I had a license.

yes there are very special circumstances and they usually relate to medical treatment life which is for the preservation of life.

What type of work do you do ?

I used to do care work but as today I m not able to do this work.
I m with a disability employment agency and lately they did propose a work ( I m allowed to do 15 hours a week but with physical restrain) the work they wanted me to go could be ok but I will need to walk a lot for me to get there. It is why I could be ok to do it but i want to be able to drive there. Do I have a point to ask for a working license. I think so but I need to be sure I will get it before accepting the work.

there may be a possibility .

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone if you prefer to explore this option if you like.

No thanks for now

ok.

Have I answered your important questions today ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor