Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Australia finance enquire How can I register myself on a…

Customer Question
Australia finance enquireDear Sir or...
Australia finance enquireDear Sir or MadamHow can I register myself on a credit score agency in Australia ?Something like Experian in the UK ?I want to start having a credit profile to build a good credit score In AustraliaI know that One of the best ways to build credit history is getting a credit card and pay them back on time. But as I am not employed in Australia I can not apply for a credit card.Is there an alternative way to be registered in credit score agencies ?Many thanks
Many thanks.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/17/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Can you explain your purpose behind wanting to register?
To build a credit score so I can get a good rate mortgage in the future
As they need a to see a good credit historyI have a very good credit score in the UK as I have not a single failed payment in the UK for 17 yearsCan I benefit from my UK credit score here ? If not how can I start building a good credit score in Australia?

UK will not assist you.

have you got a copy of your current credit score ?

I always can get an up to date one
But I would like to start building an australian one

I have sent you a special offer to talk on the telephone to make it easier to explain if you prefer ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor