Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife's Prospective Marriage Visa was submitted June 2015…

Customer Question
My wife's Prospective Marriage...

My wife's Prospective Marriage Visa was submitted June 2015 and Stage 2 Permanent Partner assessment has been in progress since May 2017. I am an aged pensioner and has suffered 2 heart attacks and a stroke. My wife cares for me and does not work. We cannot apply to Centrelink for her as a Carer until the Permanent Visa is granted. we were advised in June 2015 that the processing times at that time would take no more than 2 years. Thank you Norman and Rowena Girdler (nee YU) Immi fef No. EGOELRJWDS

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Don't know who USCIS.is. Status of Visa is Partner Temporary subclass 820 granted 29 June 2015 and Stage 2 Permanent Partner Visa 801 in Assessment and pending since 8 May 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No only the info we have given you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you asked your immigration agent to seek urgent relief on the matter with supporting evidence being provided ?

We don't have an immigration agent

with your important situation I recommend that one is engaged to help communicate with the department.

sometimes when an application has been prepared without the assistance of a lawyer or agent, that application may miss a small point which could result the application processing be held up, thus causing delays.

would you consider engaging an lawyer at this time to review your documents to ensure everything was correct ?

We have paid $53 to Just Answer through Pay Pay does this cover your services

would you like to discuss your important matter by telephone.

I have extended a special offer to you to consider.

you will need to put a valid credit card into your accountant to process.